Friday, May 22, 2009

Lost in Blogland..... and flowers, and soil, and knitting

I know, I know, if I have a blog I am supposed to be writing in it. So first thing today, which for me is usually at the crack of noon, I sat here and wrote a post. I even uploaded some pictures. then I decided to mess with the pictures, moving them around , trying to get them in the right place to go with my words. I wasn't happy with what it looked like, so went to the help site, messed around some more, and then POOF, my post was gone. I had saved it, but sure as hell couldn't find it again. So.... let me try this again.
I have been busy busy, doing this....
And lots more! I am not a gardener, never have been, but I must admit that I do enjoy planting flowers in containers, then scattering them around both the front and back of the house. I make a huge mess when I do this, and Ernie dutifully follows behind me and cleans up the mess. Something like in the house, only in reverse, and I am not so dutiful. I bitch and complain the whole time about what a slob he is..... and to be honest, sometimes I just live with the mess. What the hell is the point? It will be just as bad the next day!
My plan for today was to do something with all this...
I did quite well, though managed to plant only half of what you see. I planted eight window box planters which we put in front of the house on top of what used to be a flower bed. Neither of us are physically capable of grovelling around on our knees planting in the ground, and because the impatiens are in planters, they look so much better that they did in the ground. They cascade over the top of the boxes, and look really beautiful. I also planted four other containers to go under a tree in the back.

The other plan for today was to buy a new one of these...
That was because the cordless phone you see here ended up at the bottom of this...
The geezer insists that while his back was turned, the phone magically jumped into the pool and drowned. So I sent him off on a mission to buy a new phone. He came back with TWO - they were on sale don't you know! They are now charging as I write this.

In the evenings I have been knitting these for chemo patients..



Sometimes I think about what I have been doing lately and am amazed that a tomboyish, athletically inclined, domestically challenged, feminist, career minded, mother of two very independent young adults could find such pleasure from planting flowers and knitting.

Life is amazing!

3 comments:

son said...

I don't do this well, the whole blogging thing. I am the son of the Geezer, aka Dad/Pops and The Vintage Bitch, aka Mom/Mawm. My life with these people has been extremely difficult, the following is my story. . . After being 10 days old I was snatched up by these cradle robbers. After this I was inhumanely subjected to swimming lessons, potty training, walking lessons and speech thearapy(ooooh the horror!!!!) You can plainly see my plight! These horrible people tortured me with advanced vocabulary, education, health care, and a loving environment(YUK!!!) As you can see, I am a very abused child[please forward all funds to (Sonneedsaclue.com)] After this horrendus torture my father tought me how to murder. . . . a fish!!! Let me tell you, I don't take life lightly, that's why I always take a moment to drink a beer before I fillet a fish. I was not able to take part in this ritual until I was 19 years old. . . . More proof of abuse!(call police pleeeeeease!!!!) And my mother! Don't get me started... Has taught me to see the good in people! Will the horror never end!!!! I am scared for life, and I have Mawm and Pops to thank for it. Again, please send all supportive funds to (sonneedsaclue.com)

Son

Susan said...

Love that boy! I miss his snappy reparte.

SandyHam said...

Note to son:

Adopting you at 10 days old was one of the happiest days of our lives. Little did we know what an adventure it would be!

Correcting your bad grammar is not considered to be speech therapy!

Waiting until 19 to have a beer? I seem to remember a little incident involving beer in Amsterdam Airport when you were on your way to France as an exchange student. If I remember correctly you were 16.

Finally, I think you are scarred for life. Nothing seems to scare you!

Having said all that - I enjoyed your comments - made me laugh.